~ Experience The Change ~
A One Planet life entails living within the resource means of our planet. This involves generating electricity using sustainable methods. It means working the land in ecologically sensitive ways creating a whole variety of direct and “value added” produce which contribute to developing local vibrant economies. It means supporting local self sustaining communities which empower people to take full responsibility for the impact we have on our environment. It means living in harmony with and in conscious relationship to nature.
Are you looking to explore how a more sustainable lifestyle might work for you?
The One Planet Experience offers a broad range of skills and resources designed to give you a taste of what its like to live sustainably on the land. If you are seriously contemplating making the shift to a more conscious land-based life … then this course is for you!
We will explore together :-
- Getting down to earth and experiencing ways to earn a living from the land. Examples include orchard management; growing food; a whole range of land-based crafts and businesses; from organic skincare to weaving flax to wood-craft to beekeeping to vermiculture to cut flowers to veg box schemes etc.
- Animal husbandry and land management.
- Learn about hydro and solar power and what an off grid lifestyle entails.
- Green Building examples and techniques.
- Understanding the current planning system in Wales for establishing low impact lifestyles.
- Looking in detail at the One Planet Development planning policy.
- What to look for when buying land.
- Visioning your ecohome/ ecovillage.
- End of course with live music.
Accommodation options include basic free camping with fire pit and wood supply near to the beautiful millpond framed by ancient oak and ash trees, or staying in a range of friendly local B & B’s (details available on request)
July 5th - 9th 2017
* Starts at 4pm Wednesday
* Finishes 12 noon Sunday
£275 EARLY BIRD (Book before March 31st AND pay in full)
£295 Full Price
£250 Concession (limited number - please ask)
£50 Deposit (Pay non-returnable now and the balance of £245 on arrival)
Price includes Delicious Vegetarian meals and self service breakfast
Specific diets skillfully catered for.
CLICK HERE TO BOOK ON THE COURSE
Basic free camping available
Stay in our eco-cabin
£45 pp per night or
£80 for two sharing
Download our ECO-RETREAT SPACE BROCHURE for info
To book our eco-retreat space, message through the contacts page - to be re-directed CLICK HERE