- Learn how to build a tiny home from scratch in just 5 days
- Go through the design process and experience making every step of the way
- Get to grips with where and how to source suitable affordable materials
- Become confident in designing your own bespoke dwelling using this template as your starting point.
- Explore realistic budgeting including wood-burners and off grid power systems
- Understand what is possible under current planning law in relation to this specific building design
- Leave the course feeling empowered and informed with knowledge for a whole new realm of affordable building possibilities.
This course will take you step by step through the process of building a simple yet practical, attractive timber roundhouse living space using readily available and affordable materials.
The design is modular, small-scale, easy to handle and assemble, easy to move and relocate.
This five day course will give you a solid foundation of techniques along with the confidence to design and make your own living or workspace, to suit your specific personal needs and surroundings.
John Spikes is the originator of this innovative tiny home roundhouse design. He has worked with wood all his adult life, having owned a forest, learning to manage and work with woodland making a viable livelihood. He has lived in straw-bale round houses and has learned to appreciate the special qualities of living in a circular space.
John is a sparkly eyed wonder and hugely enthusiastic about empowering people to build VERY affordable, easy to build homes.
This 5 day course is £395 incl delicious all meals organic home grown food.
Camping is free, list of B&Bs will be sent out on booking.
Actual Course dates
Monday 5th - Friday 9th June 2017
10am - 5pm each day
ONLY 8 PLACES AVAILABLE
TO BOOK CLICK HERE
We look forward to welcoming you!
Dates for arrival & departure
after 4pm on Sun June 4th 2017
(hot chocolate & campfire from 7pm)
Please note - no evening meal will be provided on Sunday
by 11am on Saturday June 10th 2017
(after breakfast) :-