This Birth Your Own Shamanic Drum Retreat with Hoppi Wimbush will guide you in the powerful and humbling process of birthing your own beautiful drum and beater. Not only will you create & connect to the spirit of your drum, you'll also learn to work with your drum & voice to heal & align your soul with the Sacred in Life.
23 & 24 November 2019
Hoppi is a medicine woman, sound healer and carrier of many sacred songs for ceremony, prayer and healing . During this weekend you'll be taken on a deep inner journey, not only to create your own drum, but also to discover the power of your voice to express an honouring of the sacred, invoke healing and returning to wholeness. This journey is profound. You'll learn how to work with your drum, how to "travel", how to invoke different shamanic rhythms, how to experiment with vocal toning techniques as well as learn healing songs to work with beyond the course. You'll be guided to meet the spirit of your drum and will be taught the art of effective intention and prayer setting with your drum
What is included?
- Beautiful hand made 14" wooden frames
- Ethically sourced Deer, Goat & Horse skins for the drum (depending on ethical supply routes)
- Recycled leather and suede for decorations
- Feather & fur gathered from various road-kills to honour and make something beautiful from their senseless death.
- Wolf Wool from "The Lammas Wolves" for making your Drum Beater (AKA Kimi & Bo our Alaskan Malamutes)
£195 per person for this drum making retreat
Completed Drum & Beater
Techniques of playing
Voice work techniques
Our Eco-Retreat Space discounted for course participants
Local Bed & Breakfast venues recommended when you book.
(You'll receive an email acknowledgment on booking with directions and options for accommodation)