Birth Your Shamanic Drum with Hoppi Wimbush will result in your own beautiful ethically sourced 18″ Drum & Beater. You’ll learn shamanic ways to play, and vocal techniques to compliment along with healing songs to sing.
6th April 2024 at Lighthouse Hub – Manchester, St Vincent place, Greenside St, Openshaw, Manchester M11 2EX
Relevant for all bookings:–
Upon booking, You’ll pick which skin you will work with to make your drum. Please note, the total cost is £295 for Goat skin or £345 for Red Deer skin. All our skins and materials are as ethically sourced as possible and we are happy to share details with you.
You can either book your place via a non-refundable deposit of £50 or you can Pay In Full upon booking.
Drum Skin choices:–
Goat Skin – the meanings associated with the goat are playful, characterful, spontaneity with sure-footed balance and determination.
Core qualitites are:
– Help you become a “Kid” again and find joy, laughter and humour in life
– Give you the ability to move with incredible balance
– To move towards goals with surefooted determination
– To navigate rocky territory with ease
– To be fearless and brave
– Magical ability to trust your self Implicitly
I have two types of goat skin. One is white and clean and the other mottled grey with beautiful patterns. All goat skins have a very bright drumming tone and is the most traditional skin for drum making because of this. Goat skins are all sourced from small scale dairies where nannies have died naturally and ethically.
Red Deer Skin – the meanings associated with the deer combine both soft, gentle, intuitive qualities with keen, agile, astute awareness.
Core qualities are:
– Ability to move through life and obstacles with Grace
– Put you in touch with your inner child, and the qualities of purity & innocence
– Help you hone your sensitivity and intuition
– Give you Vigilance and the ability to change direction quickly
– Magical ability of being in touch with life’s mysteries
– Red deer skins are brown and earthy… they give a beautiful tone that holds its ring.
NB: Goat skin tends to be more stable throughout different temperature and humidity conditions, whereas Red Deer responds to weather conditions with much more movement than goat.